Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Norwegian Chess Championship 2010, Class 4, Game 9

 


Picture #1 - The tournament hall
Picture #2 - From the blitz tournament
Picture #3 - A class 4 player, Sindre Brobakken (not my opponent)

Before this ninth game I was in thirteenth place. My last games have been a draw and two victories and I felt that I was on a roll. I also needed a last victory to get a little further up on the list. But so did my opponent. This game shows a classical chess attack. And I have to admit, this was my easiest victory during this tournament. What suprises me or shocks me, depending on how you look at it.. my opponent plays exactly how I have done during this last year and half of this tournament. Defensively and cramped. So goodbye to Inverted Philidor as white and a cramped position as black. Next year, it will be Class 3, and before that time, I really need to work on my chess.. including openings.

0000 Gaute Michel Ferstad, Trondheim, White, 1
1178 Alf Geir Thowsen, Follo, Black, 0







No comments:

Post a Comment