Saturday, July 31, 2010

Norwegian Chess Championship 2010, Class 4, Game 8



Picture #1 - One of the longest lasting games. And these little girls are serious
Picture #2 - My opponent Audun Hoem playing during this years 5 minute blitz

I am playing a little more aggressive and I feel that I am on a roll. Kind off lucky too. With one more victory I might just get out of the middle of class 4 and move upwards. My opponent is Audun Hoem from the chess club Kristiansund. He has a rating of 1095. Now, there are a few individuals that I did not really want to meet. Audun is one of them. One evening during the championships, there is a 5 minute blitz championship held. Last year I met Audun twice, and lost both games. So he does have a psychological advantage. At least from my perspective. That said, if there is someone that I would want to meet in a real game.. and win, Audun is one of those individuals.

He has great development, but I gain a pawn. It's something I do a lot in correspondance chess and sometimes it works out, other times not at all. But I am lucky, because I believe, it's not the recommended way to go about it. I hold on to the pawn during his attack, but I have my own plans.

1095 Audun Hoem, Kristiansund, White, 0
0000 Gaute Michel Ferstad, Trondheim, Black, 1




No comments:

Post a Comment